Friday, May 20, 2011

Blog # 11 - Grazian: "The Girl Hunt"

Lisa had invited Glenda out for lunch, excited because Lisa wanted to tell her about someone she had met last night at a club.  Lisa was barely seen smiling or laughing and Glenda was curious why she was acting this way. So she asked Lisa what was going on.

Lisa: You should have gone out with me and my friends last night. I met this super cute guy at the club! I think I'm in love.
Glenda: Did you even talk to him?  You just met the guy and you barely know him.
Lisa: I know. But the way he spoke to me...and he even left his friends to be with me.
Glenda: Don't you think he just wanted to show off to his friends? Maybe trying to prove his other friends that he can get with a girl at a club? And not just one, but maybe many?
Lisa: Hm, well I don't know. I had just gotten there and he walked right up to me. So I don't think so. And once I walked in he laid his eyes on me and started commenting with his other friends.
Glenda: So he was there before you. Yeah, I think he was flirting with other girls while you weren't there.
Lisa: Why are you so negative? He is the man of my dreams!
Glenda: Because falling in love with a guy at a club is the worst thing that can happen. The club is no dating place, especially for guys. Haven't you noticed the other times we have gone out to clubs? The guys flirt with one girl then walk somewhere else to flirt with another.
Lisa: Could you stop ruining this for me? I even gave him my number. So he will call me back to set up a date.
Glenda: And did this guy give you his number?
Lisa: No. But he promised me he would call me back.
Glenda: Nope, he won't call you back. Or if you want you can wait for his call. But I'm promising you that what happened last night, for this guy was just a one night thing.

1 comment:

  1. This is an interesting dialogue between two friends regarding how men behave in clubs. But do you think women participate in the girl hunt and encourage it a bit, so it is not all men's fault? In other words, don't you think women enjoy being approached by several guys in a club as it makes them-women-feel desirable?

    ReplyDelete